It’s amazing how much confidence a gleaming white smile gives you. That’s why teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services we offer. With a combination of the world’s safest and most effective products, as well as the use of laser dentistry techniques, we can give you the most incredibly white bright smile, that you will be proud to show off.
We know what it’s like to feel as though you need to hide your teeth in photos, or to feel self-conscious of your smile in social or work settings. It can be really debilitating. That’s why, through a holistic approach, we can help you feel more confident while also providing quality dental care that ensures your teeth and gums are as healthy as possible.
We are also committed to making sure that our teeth whitening treatment is as effective as possible. We know that for some patients, they may have experienced teeth whitening in the past that was just not as effective as they had hoped. That’s why we always have a consultation before the teeth whitening process. This way, we can be sure that you’re going to get the best results possible and not be disappointed. For instance, if we think that teeth whitening might not be the best solution for you, we can always offer more suitable alternatives like veneers.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
There are many benefits to having your teeth whitened, including:
- You’ll feel like a new person, ready to take on any situation or scenario because of your newfound confidence.
- It has been found that 96% of adults find a nice smile in the opposite sex to be very attractive. Also, 74% of adults think that a bad smile can hinder employment success.
- Teeth whitening is much cheaper than other restorative dental procedures.
- It’s non-invasive and pain-free.
- The results come very quickly, so you can feel confident and more attractive very soon.
- A bright white smile can give the overall appearance of youth by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
- Having a great smile can give you more confidence in all aspects of your life. Maybe you’ve always been too insecure to speak up in a board meeting in case someone fixates on your yellow teeth, but after your teeth whitening you’ll have nothing to worry about.
Why have my teeth gone dark?
Teeth go dark due to the tannins in things like tea, coffee and red wine. These Tannins soak deep into the tooth and soak up light making out teeth go dark. We use hydrogen peroxide that soaks into the tooth with our laser active lights and removes the tannins restoring the tooth normal light reflecting properties.
Potential Risks and Side Effects of Teeth Whitening
There are very few risks and side effects of teeth whitening. However, some people may experience some short lived tooth sensitivity or irritation of the gums. You have nothing to worry about, though, as these side effects are temporary. Also, all our dentists and hygienists are highly trained, giving you the best and most comfortable experience.
Being pregnant or have gum infection is not a contra-indication to having your teeth whitened. However, you may want to fix any broken, decayed teeth and any gum infection before doing whitening.
It should also be noted that teeth whitening is not a permanent fix and that certain foods, drinks (red wine) and lifestyle choices (such as smoking) will cause the yellowing and staining to return to your teeth. The good news is you can redo whitening over and over again, without ill-effects.
How Often Can I Whiten My Teeth?
Often! It is extremely safe at Lifetime Holistic Dental. How often you’ll need to get your teeth whitened will depend on how much red wine, tea, coffee, curries and smoking you do. In general, most people have their teeth whitened with in-office whitening every 12 to 18 months. If you opt for at home whitening then you can do it from a couple of times a week to once a month depending on how white you want them. However, some of our patients find that they are able to see the lasting effects of teeth whitening for up to a year.
The most important thing is to listen to your dentist’s recommendation. Our expert team will be able to give you the best advice that’s tailored to the specific needs of your teeth and oral health.
Tips for Care After Whitening Treatment
For the first 24 hours after your teeth whitening treatment you should:
- Avoid drinks which may stain your teeth like tea, coffee, red wine, soft drinks with colouring and fruit juices
- Avoid any foods which may stain your teeth like soy sauce, red meats and most fruits (with the exception of bananas)
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid coloured toothpaste or mouth wash
If you would like the effects of your whitening treatment to last as long as possible, you should avoid the above things as much as possible. All the items in the list above contain tannins, which stain your teeth and will make your teeth yellow quicker.
Contact Lifetime Holistic Dental Today
To get in touch with the friendly team at Lifetime Holistic Dental, just: