Digital X-rays are an integral part of our safe dental care treatment plan.
Lifetime Holistic Dental is committed to purchasing technology that keeps you as safe as possible. Digital X-ray technology has significantly decreased the dose of radiation.
We only take essential X-rays that are consistent with our holistic dental approach. We see x-rays as a major part of our preventative dental care. X-rays allow us to see between the teeth and diagnose cavities when non-invasive preventative treatments can be used, rather than finding the decay when it is deeper inside the tooth and can only be restored with invasive treatments. We love preventing us from having to pick up the dental drill.
How Does an X-Ray Work?
An x-ray is the energy that is made by an X-ray machine and is differentially absorbed by human tissue. The X-ray film absorbs the X –rays that pass through the body, create different shades of grey to produce an image that can be interpreted.
There are different types of x-rays:
- Intra-oral: An x-ray taken inside the mouth
- Extra-oral: An x-ray taken outside the mouth
- 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional
We commonly use intraoral x-rays, as they give us the most detail of the tooth, bone and supporting tissues. This allows us to:
- Detect cavities: The earlier we find cavities, the more likely we can use preventive regenerative approaches. The later, the more likely you will have pain, need a Root Canal of loose the tooth and the more difficult the restoration process will be.
- Check the health of the tooth roots: Avoid root canals and gum disease by finding bacteria early.
- Identify periodontal disease: If periodontal disease progresses too far, it is almost impossible to treat, and your teeth will fall out.
- Check how teeth are developing in young children: We monitor growth to ensure your children avoid invasive orthodontic procedures later on in life. We also monitor your child’s facial growth and development.
- Keep an eye on the effectiveness of our preventative purposes.
Why We Use Digital X-Rays
- Digital X-ray imaging significantly lowers the radiation dose and retakes are significantly reduced
- The images can be stored, shared and retrieved electronically
- The images can be processed and enhanced after exposure, unlike conventional x-rays
- No chemicals are used in developing digital x-rays, which means it is a more eco-friendly option and no chemicals are poured down the drain.
- The images are ready instantly so we can begin treatment right away
- We can send the digital copies amongst colleagues for a more holistic treatment plan
Why Choose Us for Digital X-Rays?
- We don’t just use our x-rays to diagnose, we use them to help prevent disease. We encourage the use of x-rays to find the little issues that can snowball, and we save you a lot of money and pain when we find disease early.
- We take your concerns into account, so if you hold any fears of x-rays, we’ll be happy to discuss these with you and offer relevant alternative diagnostic options.
Contact Lifetime Holistic Dental Today
To get in touch with the friendly team at Lifetime Holistic Dental, just: