Snoring isn’t just annoying for those sleeping with or near you, it’s also dangerous. Snoring is a sign of some potentially life-threatening conditions, including:
- Sleep apnoea
Snoring also affects sleep quality and leads to daytime tiredness and even cognitive issues in children.
Whatever the reason for your snoring, getting treatment is essential and will improve your quality of life and sleep.
Our Snoring Treatments
Mandibular Advancement Devices (MADs) are an effective treatment option. These devices reposition your jaw and stabilise your tongue, which helps to open up the airway and prevent the obstruction that causes the snoring.
This treatment requires three appointments:
- In the first visit, we will assess your condition. We will also conduct a Jaw Joint Vibrational Analysis and Structural Test, to make sure your jaw is suitable for the device. We can also use a Rhinometer to check for nose blockages. If a nasal blockage is causing the snoring, the MAD won’t be necessary, and we will refer you to another health professional.
- In the second visit, we will take a record of your bite, and capture the optimum position for your airway. We will consider two x-rays to find this optimum position.
- Once the MAD is ready, we will fit it and monitor your results.
As a holistic dental practice, we believe in offering comprehensive treatments. In addition to the MAD, we may also suggest lifestyle changes, such as losing weight, monitoring alcohol consumption and even changing your sleeping position. We want you to lead a long and healthy life, and we’ll do everything we can to ensure that.
We may also suggest the use of a nasal continuous positive airway pressure (nCPAP) machine. This uses air flow to increase air pressure in the upper airway and create a constant stream of oxygen.
Why Should I Have a Snoring Treatment?
Snoring could be a sign of a severe health condition. By checking your snoring, we can rule out any of these severe conditions or even refer you to another health practitioner.
A good night’s sleep is the bedrock of health. Snoring causes sleep interruptions for you and those around you, and this can affect your performance at work, your mood and most seriously, your overall health.
Effective treatment is available, so don’t accept snoring as an inevitability.
Contact Lifetime Holistic Dental Today
To get in touch with the friendly team at Lifetime Holistic Dental, just:
- Call us on (03) 9529 2920
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pop in and see us at Suite 3/684 Malvern Road, Prahran, Victoria 3181