The fields of laser and holistic dentistry are undeniably linked. Lifetime Holistic Dental loves laser dentistry because it offers the ability to kill bacteria without surgery.
We have invested significantly in our dental laser treatments. We offer several variants, featuring different wavelengths which allow us to use laser treatments for a range of applications.
Our Melbourne Laser Dentist Treatments
We use non-invasive laser dentistry for a massive range of treatments, including:
- Root Canals: Lasers placed inside the root canal system kill 10 ,000 (ten thousand) times more bacteria than standard Root Canal Therapy. Thus, all going well, it may now be safe to do root canals, and retain teeth whose nerves have died due to the invasion of bacteria
- Laser Gum Disease treatment: Lasers are effective at killing bacteria deep under the gum. The laser kills the cause of the gum infection, by killing the germs and bacteria that cause it! The laser, also stimulates the healing of the diseased, infected, inflamed and necrotic soft-tissue within the infected gum pocket, such that the infected site heals twice as quickly and with a lot less pain.. This is a far more comfortable option than the old pocket scrapes, or gum surgery.
- Infected implants: implants can get gum infection the same as natural teeth. Thus they need to be specially cleaned every day by you and regularly by your dentist or hygienist. If the infection is not controlled, then you can get infection around the implant causing significant bone loss and loss of the implant if not controlled. Lasers are exceptionally good at cleaning this implant infection and killing the bacteria around the implant
- Examination: We can use a laser to diagnose the extend of decay in the deep grooves on the biting surface of the teeth. . Low-intensity lasers can also detect cavities by reading the by-products of tooth decay.
- Oral Cancer diagnosis. We use lasers for tissue biopsy so they can be examined for cancer and other potential issues
- Whitening: Lasers are perfect for speeding up and improving in-office whitening. The laser beam activates the peroxide solution, so it works faster and more effectively.
- Sensitive Teeth: By sealing the exposed dentinal tubules at the root of your teeth with lasers, we can eliminate your sensitivity to hot and cold food and beverages.
- Orthodontics – lasers have been shown to increase tooth movement by 33% and reduce pain of tooth movement by 52%! Ask us how.
- Tongue tie and frena release – tongue and lip tie release used to be a in hospital procedure under a general anaesthetic (the patient being put to sleep). Now with our laser it is safely and quickly done under local anaesthetic and the healing time and recovery is much faster and more comfortable.
- Facial Pain and inflammation – pain and inflammation in any joint, muscle, tendon or ligament can be reduced or fixed using our laser. This therapeutic laser reduces pain by 52% and promotes faster healing. With less or no pain you can also get a better night’s sleep.
- Correcting unaesthetic gum margins and short teeth in your smile: Restructuring and recontouring unaesthetic gums and removing gummy smiles – laser are a quickly and virtually painless method for reshaping poor shaped gum tissue that detracts from a beautiful smile.
Laser dentistry can also be used to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with TMJ disorders. It can even perform the laser-assisted uvuloplasty (LUAP) procedure which reshapes the throat to alleviate snoring and sleep apnoea in certain cases
Why Choose Our Non-Invasive Laser Dentistry?
- Procedures performed with soft tissue dental laser won’t require any stitches, and specific procedures won’t even need any anaesthesia.
- The high-energy light beam in the laser reduces bleeding by promoting clotting
- There is a lower risk of infection, as the laser beam is a steriliser.
- Laser dentistry is far more targeted, so there is no damage to the surrounding tissue.
- Tissue regeneration and wound healing are quickened due to biostimulation of the healing tissue.
- Patients report that laser dentistry is far less painful than conventional methods.
Contact Lifetime Holistic Dental Today
To get in touch with the friendly team at Lifetime Holistic Dental, just: